In order for mediation to succeed the conduct of the participants must be professional.
Mediation Resolves believes that professional behavior encourages an atmosphere of creative, pleasant and thoughtful discussion.
We ask all participants to be:
- Prompt -- arrive on time and return from breaks on time.
- Unplugged -- turn off phones and tablets and avoid outside activities or visitors.
- Respectful -- towards everyone.
- Patient -- if you hear the same old things you have heard a dozen times before, that's okay.
- Creative -- solutions during mediation often are richer and more varied.
- Open minded -- to new ideas, even when you feel that you have already compromised more than others.
- Participative -- speak out, be heard, be involved.
- Good listeners -- great listening includes focusing on the ideas, not the personalities.