WHY IS MEDIATION LESS EXPENSIVE?
Mediation Resolves drives down the cost of legal action by as much as 75%. Part of the reason is that there is no requirement for expensive preparation, post-mediation briefs, or written decisions. Also, our fees are modest in comparison to the cumulative expense of hearing officers, attorneys and arbitrators.
For these same reasons mediation also reduces the legal expenses involved in Unfair Labor Practices, EEOC complaints and other federal filings.
WHAT EXPENSES ARE INVOLVED IN A MEDIATION?
Mediation expenses follow the normal pattern of other proceedings. Each party pays for its own expenses including travel, professional fees such as attorneys, participant wages, supplies and other.
The method for covering shared expenses is agreed upon beforehand by the participants and given to the mediator. Mediation Resolves suggests a 50/50 split on the cost of shared expenses (such as rented meeting rooms and the mediator's fees).
Mediation Resolves' rates are available to you at Our Fees. Information on our Service Contract is also available. Please contact us if you need more specifics by using our email icon at the bottom of any website page.
HOW DOES MEDIATION RESOLVES work to CONTROL your COSTS?
We strive to minimize the expense of mediation by:
- Encouraging the use of free meeting rooms at company, union or attorney offices or in public facilities such as libraries.
- Offering on-line mediation for small and dispersed groups to avoid travel expense.
- Not requiring documents to be submitted to us beforehand.
- Eliminating court reporter fees and filing fees.
- Removing the need for legal briefs by the parties or a written decision by the mediator.